Send Money to Japan with TransferWise (Now, Wise)
Nihon Hustle is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
TransferWise (Now, Wise)
Wise has a nice slogan that they most certainly follow through on: “A cheaper, faster way to send money abroad.” Recently, my father used TransferWise to send me money here in Japan, and it was well… fun. You can read the full TransferWise review if you want a feel for what it's actually like to send money from the U.S. to Japan.
- Always get the real exchange rate
- More affodable transfer fees than banks
- Lowest possible fees when compared to typical wire transfer services
- Transfer money without knowing the recipient's bank account number
- Transfer money to an email address (great for paying remote teams, or accepting payment as a freelancer
- Transparency of exchange rates and fees
- Send money to 71 countries (as of Jan. 2021)
- Send money from 47 countries (as of Jan. 2021)
- Very rapid international money transfers
- Wise Borderless account in multiple currencies for travelers, expats, and freelancers… anyone, really!
- A Wise Borderless account lets you add money in: AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HRK, HUF, JPY, NOK, NZD, PLN, RON, SEK, SGD, TRY and USD.
- Industry standard safety and trust
Hard to beat. Fast. Customer Friendly. And, the true mid-market rate with no markups. Wise international money transfers are often the way to go when sending money to and from Japan, and it's worth your time to check out.